First Aid Kit
This is just a list of suggestions and includes things which we found useful. Always check with your doctor before travelling and see the useful links below:
- Ibuprofen (doubles up as a pain killer and anti-inflammatory)
- Antihistamine tablets (for mild allergic reactions)
- Seasickness tablets
- Rehydration sachets
- Anti-diarrhoea drugs
- Antiseptic cream or antiseptic wipes
- Wound Closure Strips (steri strips)
- Insect bite cream
- Sinus decongestant tablets
- Band aids
- Scissors (if you're carrying your first aid kit in hand luggage, make sure that your scissors are small, with rounded ends. However, to be on the safe side, you might like to pack them in your hold luggage ... just in case)
- Tweezers (again, it might be safer to put these in the hold)
- Vinegar - for jelly fish stings (carry it in small sachets like the ones you get in motorway cafes)
- Ear drying aid (Swim-Ear)
These need to be prescribed, although, for our UK divers, this may need to be done on a private rather than an NHS prescription:
- A general purpose antibiotic
- Antibiotic drops for ear and eye infections
- Antibiotic ointment for skin infections.
Scuba Diving Insurance
If you’re taking the plunge by going scuba diving on your holiday, you’ll need the right protection to keep you safe and protect you for depths down to 50 metres. Comprehensive travel insurance with additional scuba cover is a must for your diving adventures - not only will it offer you financial protection if you’re in a medical emergency as a result of your underwater activities - it will also cover your costly diving equipment.
Liveaboard Sailing Holiday in Greece
Arctic diving, marine life & wildlife expedition
For the experienced dry-suit diver, the submarine ecosystems of the far north present a wild & undiscovered realm. This is a challenging & ever changing world of blue sculpted ice, Arctic marine wildlife & the chance to dive where few have dived before.
Antarctic diving expedition
This dedicated Antarctic expedition offers above and below the water insights into the white continent, which few have been privileged to experience. A true adventure for divers and non-divers alike.
Divers on this voyage will enjoy guidance from an onboard team of diving professionals who are pioneers in polar diving, 2009 leaders included:
Scuba diving Insurance
We have teamed up with Essential Travel to offer you specially designed scuba diving insurance. All levels of diving are covered. From the one-off holiday adventurer to the more serious diving enthusiast, with cover down to 50 metres.