How to build a Fan page
Before you get started . . . There are two types of Facebook accounts - a Personal Profile page and a Fan Page. What's the difference? It's simple - profiles are for people and fan pages are for businesses.
Set Up Your Fan Page
- Go to Facebook and setup your page.
- Upload a logo or photo with a web address at the bottom. It won’t be clickable, but fans can see where to go if they want to visit your website.
- Fill out your info page completely. Here you can have a clickable web address, company overview and what you offer.
- Post your first status update welcoming fans to your Page.
Invite Your Friends
- After your Page is set up, you’ll want to invite your friends to “Like” your Page. Once you’ve got 25 fans, you’ll be able to set up a vanity URL, e.g. www.facebook.com/scubadviser
Convert Your Existing Customers into Fans
- Email your customers, past and present, to grow your fan base. Let them know you’re there, and provide an immediate incentive for them to connect, such as a discount on their next dive with you.
- Link to your page from everywhere. If you want fans, you have to let people know you’re on Facebook. Put an icon or link in your newsletter, on your website or blog, in your email footer, on your Scubadviser page, everywhere.
- As you build up your fan base, provide a stream of interesting content that will entertain and engage your fans.
- Make every post count. The whole point is to get people to comment and interact with your Page so it shows up in others’ newsfeeds.
- Once you’ve converted most of your existing customer base into fans, start reaching others through targeted Facebook ads.
- You can target users who list scuba diving in their 'Interests' and even those who “like” your competition.