from 23 reviews
The Cayman Islands are known for their spectacular wall dives, & will forever be one of the worlds' most popular dive destinations. So what is it about INDIGO DIVERS that makes us so different from the rest?
At Indigo Divers we have raised the bar on Grand Caymans' dive industry. With just six divers maximum, we guarantee an exclusive experience. Our top of the range sport cruisers combine first class service with unrivalled comfort & relaxation - far & away the most stunning dive boats in the Cayman Islands.
Everything about Indigo Divers is handled with the care & attention to detail, that you'd expect from an owner-operated dive company. We believe your time above water should be as enjoyable as your time below. We will introduce you to the breath-taking wall dives and spectacular reefs of Grand Cayman.
We have looked at all those elements you love, and enhanced them. We have also eliminated the points you were not quite so fond of.. All those little extras add a touch of class to an already stylish dive trip.
PADI Dive Center
PO Box 30445
|22nd February 2013||Great Diving in Grand Cayman||No|
|6th February 2013||First Class Diving||No|
|2nd February 2013||Best diver operators on Grand Cayman!||No|
|2nd February 2013||New Diving Family - Great Vacation!||No|
|27th January 2013||Indigo Divers - Grand Cayman's best||No|
22nd February 2013 by thijaz
Great Diving in Grand Cayman
Visit Date: February 2013
I went diving a couple of days in a row with Chris and Kate from Indigo Divers. Particularly as a relatively new diver, I'm really glad I chose them because I had a great experience. They were both really friendly and fun, professional and safe, and really knowledgeable about the dive sites and the marine life. The next time I'm back on Grand Cayman, I definitely plan on diving with them.
6th February 2013 by mjrecorvits
First Class Diving
Visit Date: January 2013
I dove with Indigo Divers for the first time on January 21, 2013 as well as January 22, 28, and 31 for a total of 8 GREAT dives. And in a few words diving with Captain Chris and Kate is simply FIRST CLASS DIVING.
I’m a relatively new diver (even though I’m 68) becoming certified in June of 2011. So far I’ve dived in Grand Cayman and Hawaii with six different boat diving operators and several on-shore dive shops. And I have a pretty good idea what makes for a great diving experience.
While I have personally experienced First Class Diving with Indigo Divers (www.indigodivers.com), in this trip report I’m sharing with you some facts that substantiate why Chris and Kate make Indigo Divers a First Class operation. It’s somewhat lengthy; however, I hope that it will help you chose a dive operator based on facts and examples.
1. Kate and Chris love diving and they want divers on their boat to enjoy it as much as they do. Once you dive with a maximum of six divers on a fairly large boat with comfortable padded seats, you will never want to dive on a “cattle boat” or be squeezed in on a “six-pack” boat.
2. One thing that I have not experienced before, and will always remember, is the best exit out of the water at the end of a dive. You swim up to the boat, you remove your BCD with tank, and Chris hauls it into the boat. You then take off your fins and have a easy climb onto the boat. Fabulous if you’re young, if you are older, or if you are in between!
3. Kate and Chris are helpful without being intrusive. In previous boat dives my entry was the giant stride. I was hesitant to do a forward roll. They not only explained the how to, but also provided encouragement that gave me confidence. Yep, it’s the best way to enter the water. And this being my first dive in six months, I was a little nervous. Again Kate and Chris coached me and made sure that I was able to “get under” using the mooring line. After this first dive, I was all set.
4. Prior to your dive Chris sets up the gear, and when you are ready he brings it to you, helps you get the BCD on, doesn’t rush you, then you sit down, do a forward roll, and a great dive begins. Easiest entry ever into the water. You will appreciate this entry if you’re young, if you are older, or if you are in between! And by sitting and not standing up, especially if the sea is a little rough, even makes for an additional level of safety. After the dive Chris changes the tanks and you get to relax.
5. For me, safety is by far the most important element in diving. Kate and Chris keep a careful eye on the divers, making sure the dive is not only fun, but also safe. Their many years of experience makes for a team that is professional and careful.
6. Chris makes brownies and chocolate chip cookies that rival those found in the best bakeries. And it’s a great energy boost between dives (okay, my rationalization for enjoying the pastry). Water, soda, oranges, and fresh towels really rounded out the non-dive interval.
7. In each of the four days that I dove with Indigo, my dive companions were enjoyable to be with. Many had much more experience than me, however, I felt welcome. Of course, Kate and Chris providing some lighthearted banter afforded even more enjoyment during the interval.
8. The pre-trip paperwork was done efficiently via email. You fill out then necessary forms, and then scan, and email the documents back to Indigo Divers. This of course enhanced the experience by not taking time during the dive trips. However, I’m sure Kate and Chris would make the paper work as painless as possible, with or without technology.
9. Email communication prior, during, and subsequent to my diving were handled by Kate and Chris with promptness. Each of my questions was answered thoroughly. I felt not like a customer but as a friend during these email exchanges as well as during the in person encounters. I’m sure the telephone communication is well done also.
10. Valet pickup – on time—was offered and most appreciated. Kate is well organized and this makes for efficiency to get us on board and diving. During the trips it’s amazing how well Chris and Kate work together. Working like a fine tuned watch, this results in an efficient operation with no hassles making for a most enjoyable dive experience. Being back at the hotel or condo between 11:30 and noon also was greatly appreciated.
11. As noted in other trip reports, Kate really knows her critters. She not only finds them and points them out but also provides information on those puzzles that crop up in a dive. For example, she explained to me that the parrotfish I took a picture of didn’t really have its tail in the sand – you just can’t see the tail in the picture I took because the fish is turned, hiding the tail.
12. Experienced divers will enjoy the maximum bottom time while those less experienced, or not great on air, will be directed to the mooring line (while being watched by Kate or Chris), and will surface and will find Chris ready to help you with the best exit out of the water possible.
13. One of those sometimes not thought of activities that occur that will hopefully help ensure plentiful fish in the future in Grand Cayman is Chris’ (as well as other dive masters) lookout and elimination of lionfish (an invasive fish). On one of the dives, Chris eliminated at least six lionfish. By reducing the number of this invasive specie our prospects for diving and seeing plentiful fish in the future will be maintained. Hats off to Chris.
I highly recommend Indigo Divers (Kate and Chris) for your diving in Cayman. Both are wonderful people and everything is done right. First class all the way! I hope you found this trip report helpful in choosing a dive company in Grand Cayman! Happy and Safe Diving.
2nd February 2013 by dasiba
Best diver operators on Grand Cayman!
Visit Date: January 2013
Four years ago I did my first open water dives with Kate and Chris along the North Wall. Since then my husband and I have dived multiple spots in the Caribbean and Fiji - with a variety of dive boats/ guides along the way. I can't stress enough how much better Kate and Chris are than anyone else we've been out with. They make me not want to dive anywhere else. As other reviewers have noted, they provide a personalized dive experience, quickly assessing the ability/ comfort level of their divers and providing as much or as little direction as required to keep everyone comfortable and safe. They clearly love what they do, and their enthusiasm is inspiring. Kate is amazing at spotting tiny little critters that you'd normally miss. Also, since they have such a loyal customer base, chances are you'll be out on the boat with polite, considerate and down-to-earth folks. (and never more than 6 guests). We loved every dive we did with them and can't wait to get back down again soon.
2nd February 2013 by Thecamerons
New Diving Family - Great Vacation!
Visit Date: December 2012
We are a newly certified family of divers with kids ages 15 & 12. Captain Chris & Kate were excellent and allievated our first time jitters. They gave us the individual attention when needed. We brought our own equipment and it was ready for us each dive. Kate did an excellent job making a video of our last day of diving. We are planning our next dive trip and it will definitely be with Indigo Divers.
27th January 2013 by jneufeld
Indigo Divers - Grand Cayman's best
Visit Date: December 2012
We have been diving with Capt Chris and Kate for several years now - usually 2-3 trips per year. You can believe their website... a very comfortable and fast boat, with no more than 6 divers. Personal service for your gear setup and entry/exit from the boat. They know all the best dive sites and they love to show you all the fish and critters (big and small) to be found on the beautiful Cayman reefs and wall. Not to mention, they are two very wonderful people running their own business. My wife and I always book in advance to ensure we can go out with them.